10 Routes Perfect for Exploring Scenery and Culture (Part 1)
1. Riverside Bike Paths, Taipei City
Bike paths can be found along the city’s major waterways – the Tamsui, Keelung, Xindian, Jingmei, and Waishuang rivers.
Take the Taipei Metro (Taipei MRT) to stations close to the rivers, including Songshan, Gongguan, Jingmei, Yuanshan, and Daqiaotou.
The full Taipei City riverside bike-path network surpasses 100 kilometers, and seamlessly connects with the ever-wider network of riverside routes in New Taipei City.
There are many YouBike public-rental stations across Taipei City/New Taipei City, many close to riverside bike-path entry points (floodgates). Check the map at taipei.youbike.com.tw or on the YouBike app. Taipei Riverside Bike Rental Centers are also found right by the bike paths, including at Dadaocheng Wharf and Gongguan.
Riverside parks, waterbird areas, scenic bridges, and much more.
2. Tamsui River Left Bank Bike Path, New Taipei City
This bike path along the Tamsui’s left bank starts at Zhongxing Bridge and takes you all the way up north to the settlement of Bali at the mouth of the river.
From Taipei City, choose from several bridges to cross the Tamsui into New Taipei City (Sanchong District). On the bridges you’ll find either ramps or staircases to get you down to the riverside bike path..
Look for YouBike rental stations close to riverside access points (floodgates).
Riverside parks, views of Taipei City across the river, Guandu Bridge, Bali Wharf, Waziwei Nature Conservation Area.
3. Dahan River and Xindian River Bike Paths, New Taipei City
These rivers are the two main tributaries of the Tamsui River, which starts at their confluence off the southwestern corner of Taipei City (Wanhua District).
Following the Dahan, southwest from the Dahan-spanning bike/pedestrian-dedicated New Moon (Xinyue) Bridge in New Taipei City’s Banqiao District, pedal as far as the towns of Yingge and Sanxia; following the Xindian south brings you to New Taipei City’s Xindian District and the Bitan Scenic Area.
Dahan River Left Bank (Xinbei Bridge – Taoyuan City Border) 24.7km; Xindian River Left Bank (Huajiang Bridge – Bitan) 15km
Look for YouBike rental stations close to riverside access points (floodgates); riverside bike-rental centers can be found at Bitan and other locations.
Riverside parks, New Moon Bridge, Rainbow Bridge over Xindian River, Bitan Scenic Area, Yingge Old Street, Sanxia Zushi Temple.
4. Old Caoling Circle Line Bikeway, Northeast Coast, New Taipei City
Fulong village in New Taipei City; the bike route starts right at the railway station, moving in a generally southerly direction, proceeding parallel to the railway line, going through the old railway tunnel, then following the coast first north and then west all the way back to Fulong.
Take an eastbound train from Taipei to Fulong.
The loop route (Fulong Railway Station, Old Caoling Tunnel, Sandiao Cape, Fulong Visitor Center) is about 22km long.
A number of private rental shops are just outside Fulong Railway Station, with individual bicycles, tandems, and e-motor bikes available.
Old Caoling Tunnel, Lai Lai Marine Terrace, Sandiao Cape Lighthouse (side road uphill), Mao’ao Fishing Village, Fulong Beach.
5. Dongshan River Bike Path, Yilan County
This bike path follows both banks of the Dongshan River in Yilan County’s Dongshan Township, connecting Dongshan Railway Station with the National Center for Traditional Arts.
Take a train to Dongshan Railway Station.
The full loop, from the station to the center and back, combining the left and right bank paths, is about 21km long.
Rentals can be found opposite Dongshan Railway Station and at Dongshan River Water Park.
National Center for Traditional Arts (www.ncfta.gov.tw), Dongshan River Water Park, Dongshan River EcoArk.
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 10 Things To Do In Taipei (Part 1)
- Low-cost Taiwan eVisa in Mazu Festival
- Unique Things To Bring Back From Your Visit To Taiwan – Part 1
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- Top attractions in Taiwan
- Taiwan’s Culture and Festivals
- Taiwan Weather
- People and Culture of Taiwan
- 10 street foods you need to try in Taiwan